Sreedevi Marakatham, MD
Medical Director - Dallas Clinic
Sreedevi Marakatham, MD, is one of the physicians at our facility in Dallas, Texas. She attended medical school at the University of Kerala in Kerala, India, followed by a three-year residency at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. During her residency program, she continued her education and training in outpatient and inpatient care, critical care units, and emergency care. Dr. Marakatham also completed a rotation at the Kingsbrook Center’s attached nursing home, gaining valuable experience in Geriatric care. In her third and final Kingsbrook residency, Dr. Marakatham took the lead as Chief Medical Resident.
Her work experience and special interest in treating people with chronic health conditions brought her to Texas. Dr. Marakatham served at Community Oriented Primary Care, part of the Parkland Health and Hospital System. As Attending Physician in the Adult Module, she provided comprehensive primary care, health screening, immunizations, and treated people with acute and chronic medical conditions. While working in primary care, she saw a high volume of chronic pulmonary patients and was excited to find the Lung Institute’s treatment options for patients with lung disease. Listed below are Dr. Marakatham’s board certification information, educational and work record, and various professional and academic honors.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), 2008
- The American Board of Internal Medicine, 2013
- 2000-2001 Intern: Medical College, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- 2001-2002 Lecturer: Department of Microbiology, Medical College
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- 2002-2003 Junior Medical Officer: PRS Hospital, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- 2003-2005 Post Graduate Training in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Medical College, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- 2007-2008 Observership: Primary Care Clinic of North Texas
- 2009 Observership: Healthcare Associates of Irving, Texas
- 2009 Observership: Medical Clinic of North Texas
- 2010-2013 Residency: Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- 2014-2016 Attending Physician in Adult Module: Community Oriented Primary Care of Parkland Health and Hospital System, Texas
- 2003 Participated in a Panel Discussion on Postpartum Hemorrhage
- 2004 Presented “Interactive Scientific Programme” on Cardiovascular Effects of HRT in Multidisciplinary Congress for Obstetricians-Gynecologists
- 2011 Poster Presentation: Medical Society of the State of New York in Tarrytown, NY on pulmonary embolism from superficial thrombophlebitis of upper extremities
- 2013 Poster Presentation: Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Integrating Quality Meeting: Increasing Value and Educating Quality, Chicago on achieving the national health objective for pneumococcal and influenza immunization and the success of an institution-wide vaccination program
- 2013 Clinical Research at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center to study the association between sleep and obesity
If you or a loved one is living with a lung disease and would like to learn more about all available treatment options, we can help. Please contact a patient coordinator today at (800) 729-3065 to schedule a free consultation.