Nothing beats a delicious smoothie for breakfast, except maybe a smoothie that is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that can help you breathe a little easier. This anti-inflammatory recipe helps to control the inflammation in your lungs, as well as in other areas of your body. The almond butter, berries and spinach are rich in antioxidants, which help promote the growth of health lung tissues. The fiber in the chia seeds and protein powder can also help fight inflammation and will keep you feeling fuller longer, so you can get a great start to your day.
Prep time | 10 minutes
Servings | 1 serving
- ¼ c blueberries
- ¼ c strawberries
- 1 c spinach
- 1 ½ tbsp almond butter*
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 c water
- 2 rounded tbsp of Detoxifying Gut Enhancement or protein powder of choice
- Wash and slice all fruit, if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients except protein powder in a blender.
- Add ice to blender (if you’re not using frozen fruit).
- Blend until combined and texture is smooth.
- Add more water if the smoothie is too thick.
- Stir in protein powder.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy!
Lung Health Institute provides cellular therapy to help treat chronic lung disease. We also offer a wellness plan called our Anti-Inflammatory Initiative, which is a nutrition guide designed to help reduce inflammation in the lungs and improve overall health. To learn more about the treatment plans offered, contact our team today.
* Try Justin’s Classic almond butter and Naturalmond original almond butter.