For people with COPD and other chronic lung conditions, finding anti-inflammatory recipes can be a great way to promote lung health. In this chicken salad recipe, almonds are added due to their high amount of B vitamins, which can help calm inflammation.
This delicious chicken salad is easy to prepare ahead of time and can be stored in your fridge for up to three days. This meal is packed with protein and can be served in lettuce wraps or with fresh veggies from the approved ingredient list.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- Protein: 43 G
- Fat: 45 G
- Carbs: 11 G
- ½ cup mayonnaise*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces of chopped, cooked chicken meat
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 8 large lettuce leafs
- Toast almonds in a frying pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper.
- Toss mixture with chicken, almonds and celery.
- Place chicken salad in the middle of the lettuce leaf and enjoy!
*Note: Sir Kensington classic mayonnaise and Primal Kitchen mayonnaise with avocado oil are both good options to purchase.