Spinach is part of the dark leafy green vegetable family, which is commonly known for being rich in vitamin K. Did you know that vegetables rich in vitamin K can help reduce inflammation in the body? Spinach is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory vegetables, and its inclusion in any recipe can help to reduce inflammation in the body and help promote lung health.
Eggs are a natural source of healthy protein. The vegetables will provide your body with vitamins and minerals to get your day off to a healthy start! With a quick prep time, this is a great anti-inflammatory meal to make when you don’t have much extra time in the morning.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Servings: 1
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or preferred cheese)*
- 2 Tbsp. onions
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with a whisk or fork.
- Heat 1 tsp. of olive oil in an 8-inch pan.
- Sauté onions in pan and set aside.
- Heat another 1 tsp. of olive oil in an 8-inch pan.
- Once oil is heated, pour half of the beaten eggs in the 8-inch pan.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges and allowing uncooked eggs to reach the hot pan surface.
- Flip omelet and place filling (onion, spinach and cheese) on one side of the omelet
- Flip omelet closed and service on plate. Serve immediately.
Note: Horizon organic cheddar cheese is a good option to purchase.