It may sound simple, but this recipe of Boiled Eggs and Greens is packed with flavor and anti-inflammatory nutrients. It’s also quick and easy to make, and stores well in the fridge. If you’re looking to kickstart your day with energy, stay fuller longer and fight off inflammation in the body, then this is the recipe for you!
Eating leafy greens helps to provide your body with necessary dietary fiber. This dish is protein packed and easily adaptable: use whatever greens you prefer and any type of melty cheese.
PREP TIME | 10 minutes
SERVINGS | 1
PROTEIN – 27 G
FAT – 31 G
CARBS – 3 G
• 2 Tbs. butter
• 4 eggs
• 1 1⁄2 cup arugula
• 1 Tbs. goat cheese*
1. Beat eggs in a large bowl with a whisk or fork.
2. Wash and dry arugula (or substitute with other greens).
3. Heat butter in a 10-inch skillet.
4. Pour eggs into skillet and leave for 30 seconds on medium-low heat.
5. Begin scrambling eggs and add arugula while continuing to cook, stirring constantly.
6. After 2 minutes, crumble in goat cheese and stir until it has melted into eggs.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Transfer eggs to a plate and enjoy immediately.
*NOTE: Caprichio de Cobra soft goat cheese and Vermont Creamery goat cheese are good options to purchase.
Can eating a plant-based diet cure COPD? The answer is no, but there are 3 benefits it may have for people with this condition.