If you have been diagnosed with chronic bronchitis and are trying to live with the constant coughing, shortness of breath, chest pains, trouble sleeping and general fatigue that comes with it, it’s important to keep a positive attitude.
While this is a difficult condition to live with, effective treatment options are available. A great first step on your journey back to the quality of life you deserve is educating yourself as a patient. By learning about the full spectrum of treatment options available for chronic bronchitis, you can be more proactive as you develop an effective treatment plan.
Quitting Smoking Is Often the First Step of Chronic Bronchitis Treatment
Chronic bronchitis and long-term cigarette use go hand in hand. If you are a smoker who has been diagnosed with chronic bronchitis, work with your doctor to develop a smoking cessation plan that is tailored to your personal needs and lifestyle. Methods to help you quit smoking include:
- Medication or a nicotine patch
- Support groups
Stopping cigarette use removes the primary source of irritation to the lungs and relieves symptoms for many of the people who commit to it.
Treatment Options and Therapies for Chronic Bronchitis
There are also a range of medications and therapies that doctors will recommend to help patients find the relief they deserve from chronic bronchitis. These can include:
- Cough medicine
- Oral steroids and steroidal inhalers to relieve inflammation
- Bronchodilators, which open up the bronchial tubes in the lungs
- Supplemental oxygen
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, which can include therapeutic breathing techniques
It is also important to practice a healthy lifestyle while seeking relief from chronic bronchitis. This includes eating nutrient-rich foods and getting regular exercise.
How Lung Health Institute Treats Chronic Bronchitis
At Lung Health Institute, we’re excited to offer our patients state-of-the-art treatments that help restore natural lung functioning. Our chronic bronchitis treatment options include:
- Anti-Inflammatory Initiative™ (AI²™) — This exclusive program consists of tailor-made nutrition and lifestyle plans to help reduce inflammation associated with chronic bronchitis.
- Cellular therapy — We use a sample of your body’s own cells to reduce inflammation and help restore lung function.
Take the next step to find relief. Contact one of our patient coordinators today for more information or to schedule a free consultation.