This creamy pumpkin shake is dairy-free and has no added sweeteners. It makes for a great mid-afternoon snack to tide you over until dinner because the fiber in pumpkin will help you feel satiated. Fiber also has anti-inflammatory properties that can decrease inflammation markers in the body.
To turn this shake into an easy meal, bulk up the recipe by adding 2 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder.
PREP TIME | 5 minutes
SERVINGS | 1
Macros per serving: Protein: 4 grams | Fat: 24 grams | Carbs: 17 grams
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- ½ to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup ice
Optional: Add 2 tablespoons of your protein powder of choice
- Put all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend at high speed until the mixture is well-blended.
- If you want to add protein powder, blend the first 5 ingredients first. Then add your protein powder and blend until the mixture is well-combined.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
We hope you enjoy this festive pumpkin shake as a holiday treat. At Lung Health Institute, we offer the Anti-Inflammatory Initiative™ (AI²™) to our patients who are trying to incorporate more nutritious, anti-inflammatory meals into their diets. AI² is a wellness plan designed for people who have chronic lung conditions. It includes foods to eat and avoid, healthy recipes and wellness tips that can help decrease full-body inflammation. If you would like to learn more about AI² and its benefits, contact a Lung Health Institute patient coordinator today.