At first, fried eggs and avocado may not sound like a lung-friendly breakfast option to you. Especially the fried eggs. However, the healthy fats provided by the olive oil used to fry your eggs in this recipe are actually very helpful for your lung health. The macronutrients provided by this delicious breakfast recipe may help you to manage the symptoms of your chronic lung condition.
PREP TIME| 10 minutes
Protein: 21 grams
Fat: 43 grams
Carbs: 11 grams
1 Tbs. olive oil*
1⁄2 an avocado
1⁄4 cup diced tomatoes
1. Cut and slice avocado and tomatoes.
2. In an 8-inch pan, heat 1 Tbs. of olive oil on medium heat.
3. Crack egg and gently pour into pan making sure to keep yolk intact.
4. Cover pan with lid until egg whites are completely cooked.
5. You can flip the egg if you want to cook the yolk more.
6. While eggs are covered, take sliced avocados and mash until soft.
7. Serve eggs on plate with avocados and tomatoes.
8. Serve immediately.
All of the recipes offered by the Lung Health Institute are designed to use foods that may help you breathe easier™.
*NOTE: Bellucci Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a good option to use for this recipe. Make sure to store it in a cool, dry place.
Our eggnog inspired holiday pudding recipe contains chia seeds, which are an excellent source of fiber, plant-based protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.