The official blog of the Lung Institute.
The ability to raise funds for stem cell therapy is more within reach than you might think. While reaching out to resources such as Help Hope Live can be essential on your journey to breathing easier, there are other out-of-the-box fundraising opportunities that can help you reach your end goal.
Creative Fundraising Ideas
- Auctions – Ask for donations from local businesses and set up a silent auction.
- Change Jar – Each friend or family member takes a jar and the first person to fill it up gets a prize. Start off with small jars and increase in size each round. Prizes get better each round.
- Cook-off – Which family member makes the tastiest chili? Which colleague bakes the best cupcakes? Tasting judges are charged for each voting ballot. Whoever gets the most votes is crowned “Master Chef.”
- Dance Off – Get out your dancing shoes! Which friend has the best moves? Hold a dance off to find out! Each dancer and judge pays an entry fee to participate. Now is your chance to waltz, polka, moonwalk and Macarena your way to treatment.
- Game Night – Host a party and have every guest bring their favorite game. $10 to get in the door!
- Garage Sale –Band together with your friends and neighbors for one huge garage sale.
- Hot Dog Eating Contest – Substitute any food you’d like and get it donated. Instead of an entry fee, have the audience place bets on who will win.
- Ice cream social – Host an office get-together by selling packaged ice cream or making sundaes. Don’t forget the toppings!
- Lemonade Stand – It’s classic and effective. Let the grandchildren help out and make the lemonade with a twist – add fresh fruit or serve it as a slushy.
- Matching Gifts – Many companies already have a matching gift program. Ask your company to match what you raise. This is a simple way to double your funds!
- Movie Night – Host a movie night in at a local park, civic center, school auditorium, library or family member’s house. Sell popcorn, homemade treats, drinks and candy.
- Social Media – Are you on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any other social networking sites? Use it to let your friends and family across the country know about your fundraising efforts.
- Ornament Sale – Create holiday ornaments with your grandchildren and friends to sell.
- Spot-the-Baby Competition – Have everyone bring in a photo of when she or he was a baby. Have co-workers, friends and family see who can name the most. Charge $5 for each entry.
- Theater Night – Ask your local theater to put on a special performance in honor of increasing COPD. A portion of the revenue from tickets sold goes to fundraising. Invite everyone you know.
- Yoga Lunch – Get your friends and family to meditate away the stress in a yoga session. Not only will this help you breathe easier, but your friends can get into better shape too!