At the Lung Health Institute, our health care team knows finding a lung-healthy snack can be hard to find. That’s why we’re offering this recipe for Greek yogurt with walnuts and raspberries that may help you Breathe Easier™. The yogurt base of this recipe is great for snack time because it provides your body with a healthy dose of protein and fat.
The walnuts add even more healthy fats to the snack along with other helpful nutrients like vitamin E, iron and calcium. Raspberries help to add a touch of sweetness to the yogurt, and they also provide you with vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants. All in all, this combination is perfect for a fast snack during the day, and you can even use it as a tasty lung-healthy breakfast, too.
PREP TIME| 5 minutes
SERVINGS | 1
Protein: 28 grams
Fat: 19 grams
Carbs: 14 grams
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt*
• 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
• 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Wash raspberries and pat dry.
2. Add the Greek yogurt to a serving bowl.
3. Mix the walnuts into the Greek yogurt.
4. Top the yogurt and walnut mixture with fresh raspberries and serve immediately.
5. Serve cold.
*NOTE: Stonyfield organic, plain double cream Greek yogurt is a good option to purchase for this recipe.
Would you like to find more recipes that may help you Breathe Easier™? Contact one of our patient coordinators today for information about ways to get more lung-healthy recipes.