Enjoy this simple-to-make salmon and arugula salad is a great lunch (or even dinner) recipe. The anti-inflammatory properties in this recipe can help your body fight off inflammation, while the high protein nutrients will help keep you fuller longer. Because this is a dish best served cold, you can meal prep this salad ahead of time.
This salmon recipe is delicious and the lime juice adds a refreshing citrus flavor you will enjoy. Limes are also a great source of vitamin C, which help to grow and repair our body’s tissues.
PREP TIME | 1 hour, 20 minutes
SERVINGS | 2
PROTEIN – 27 G
FAT – 30 G
CARBS – 10 G
• 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
• 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
• 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
• 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
• 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 1/8 tsp. black pepper
• 2 – 3 oz. salmon steaks
• 4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
• 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 Tbs. pine nuts
• 1 Tbs. grape seed oil or olive oil
• 1 tsp. rice vinegar*
• salt to taste
• freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 large avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, mustard, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
2. Add the salmon steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
5. Remove the salmon from marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
6. Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 10 minutes per side depending on thickness.
7. In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar and Parmesan cheese.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and shake to mix.
9. Top salad with sliced avocado and salmon.
*NOTE: 1 hour prep time is for marinating the salmon. Marukan organic rice vinegar is a good option to purchase.
Can eating a plant-based diet cure COPD? The answer is no, but there are 3 benefits it may have for people with this condition.