Walnuts and avocado team up for a one-two punch of powerful, nutrient-rich foods. The omega-3 essential fatty acids in both walnuts and avocados contribute to the anti-inflammatory properties of both foods, which can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
Salads always make for a great meal. We added chicken to this recipe, but feel free to add the protein of your choice from the approved ingredient list, and you will have a delicious meal to enjoy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ⅔ cup diced celery root or celery
- ⅔ cup diced seedless cucumber
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts, plus more for optional garnish
- ⅛ cup green onions
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil*
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 6 oz. cooked chicken
- Toss together all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture evenly on two salad plates.
Note: Primal Kitchen California extra virgin avocado oil is a good option to purchase.