The official blog of the Lung Institute.
Rich in antioxidant Vitamin E, almonds can help protect lung cells from damage. This quick and easy breakfast recipe contains almond butter and lung-healthy berries and spinach. In addition, the fiber from the chia and flax seeds and the protein powder can help promote healthier lungs and lowered inflammation.
Prep time: 10 minutes
¼ c blueberries
¼ c strawberries
1 c spinach
1 ½ tbsp almond butter*
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1 c water
2 rounded tbsp of Detoxifying Gut Enhancement or protein powder of choice
- Wash and slice all fruit, if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients except protein powder in a blender.
- Add ice to blender (if you’re not using frozen fruit).
- Blend until combined and texture is smooth.
- Add more water if the smoothie is too thick.
- Stir in protein powder.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy!
Lung Institute provides cellular therapy to help treat chronic lung disease. For more information on our treatment program and wellness options, contact us at (800) 729-3065 today.
* Try Justin’s Classic almond butter and Naturalmond original almond butter.