Rich in antioxidant Vitamin E, almonds can help protect lung cells from damage. This quick and easy breakfast recipe contains almond butter and lung-healthy berries and spinach. In addition, the fiber from the chia and flax seeds and the protein powder can help promote healthier lungs and lowered inflammation.
Prep time: 10 minutes
¼ c blueberries
¼ c strawberries
1 c spinach
1 ½ tbsp almond butter*
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1 c water
2 rounded tbsp of Detoxifying Gut Enhancement or protein powder of choice
- Wash and slice all fruit, if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients except protein powder in a blender.
- Add ice to blender (if you’re not using frozen fruit).
- Blend until combined and texture is smooth.
- Add more water if the smoothie is too thick.
- Stir in protein powder.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy!
Lung Health Institute provides cellular therapy to help treat chronic lung disease. For more information on our treatment program and wellness options, contact us at 888-745-6697 today.
* Try Justin’s Classic almond butter and Naturalmond original almond butter.