The official blog of the Lung Institute.
Avocados are great sources of folate, which has been shown to have a positive correlation with lung function in COPD patients, as well as lung-healthy vitamin B6. Make sure to choose dark berries like blackberries, blueberries and raspberries, which are rich in antioxidants that can help promote lung health.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 eggs
- ½ c fresh berries
- 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ avocado
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl with a whisk or fork.
- Wash and drain berries.
- Cut avocado into slices.
- Heat 1 tsp. of butter in an 8 to 10-inch pan.
- Pour beaten eggs into heated pan and cook thoroughly.
- Slice washed berries into bite-sized pieces if necessary.
- Place eggs on dish with fresh berries and sliced avocado and serve immediately.
To learn more about the Lung Health Institute and our treatments and wellness program, contact us today.
* We especially like Bellucci Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil