PREP TIME | 20 minutes
SERVINGS | 2
Salmon has an impressive array of health benefits. In addition to being an excellent source of protein, it contains antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation. This salad and its made-from-scratch dressing is a perfect pairing to help promote healthy lung function.
- 2 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices of lemon
- 4 cups of spring mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil*
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Coat salmon with olive oil. Place in skillet and increase heat to high.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with capers, salt and pepper.
- Turn salmon over and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer salmon to individual plates, and garnish with lemon slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the spring mix, peppers, onion and tomatoes.
- Whisk together the grape seed oil, basil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad, toss, top with slivered almonds and serve immediately with salmon.
Protein 32 grams
Fat 25 grams
Carbs 12 grams
While eating healthy is important to your wellbeing, patients of the Lung Health Institute are breathing easier with the help of Lung Restoration TreatmentTM. Contact our friendly patient coordinators today to set up your initial appointment.