Did you know that recipes that use foods lower in carbs may help you improve your lung health? Indeed, this zucchini casserole with prosciutto and cheese is yummy proof of this fact. The olive oil, butter, cheese, chicken and prosciutto offer a hefty 35 grams of lung-healthy fats per serving. At the same time, you’ll also get a boost of vitamins and minerals from the zucchini and sundried tomatoes. All of this is evidence that the Lung Health Institute wants to help you breathe easier™ by eating better.
PREP TIME| 30 minutes
Protein: 32 grams
Fat: 35 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 lb. zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 Tbs. chopped sun-dried tomatoes*
- 2 Tbs. grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. grilled chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, just until it begins to soften and exude
their liquid, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese and season with pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the zucchini.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake until the center is set and the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- While casserole is cooking, salt and pepper the chicken and grill until internal temperature of 165 is reached.
- Remove casserole from oven and serve with chicken.
The Lung Health Institute is constantly working to help you find natural ways to breathe easier.
*NOTE: Mediterranean Organic brand sun-dried Roma tomatoes are a good option for this recipe.