Anti-Inflammatory Initiative™ (AI²™) Plan Overview
The Lung Health Institute’s AI²™ is designed to help reduce inflammation in those with chronic lung disease through dietary changes and modifications. The goal is to consume delicious foods rich in healthy fats in order to train your body to use fat as its primary fuel source. Once it becomes efficient at doing so, you may notice increased energy, improved mood, clearer thinking and easier breathing.
For protein, you’ll eat any type — lean or not — of beef, chicken, pork, turkey, fish and seafood. You can also enjoy eggs, nuts, seeds, cheese and plain Greek yogurt.
When it comes to fat, our meal plans don’t restrict it, but we design the plan to emphasize healthy fats like butter, olive oil, nuts, seeds, fatty fish and coconut. It’s important that you avoid processed oils high in omega 6 fats, such as corn, soy, vegetable and canola oils.
- The body will begin using ketones as its main source of energy, which will be more sustained than what sugar can provide.
- Ketones are also natural anti-inflammatories, further helping to calm inflammation in the lungs and elsewhere in the body.
- A body fueled by fat will become more efficient at using any sugars consumed, and will turn them into energy rather than fat.
- The body can better break down its own fat, releasing toxins.
- The liver can remove these toxins more efficiently, further reducing inflammation.
- The gut will heal, enabling it to better prevent additives and chemicals from entering your body — and further decreasing the inflammation caused when the body attacks these foreign materials.
What is Your Wellness Worth to You?
At the Lung Health Institute, our goal is to reduce the amount of inflammation in your lungs through a natural wellness plan. Our wellness plan helps patients breathe easier by preventing inflammation at its source – the food we eat. Some of the benefits patients can gain from our wellness plan include:
Increased lung function
Improved mental clarity
Increased energy levels
We offer a variety of AI²™ plans so you can choose the one that best fits your needs. Take a moment to read through the plans we offer, and contact one of our dedicated Patient Coordinators to talk about what you need to do to get started. We’re here to help you take the next step toward Breathing Easier.
“Never let the disease define you.”